Create your own gnome (aka a "gonk") in just a couple hours! This easy-to-follow pattern includes one PDF file with instructions for making the gnome with SUPER BULKY WEIGHT YARN* or MEDIUM WEIGHT yarn, with legs or without, with a beard or braids, and in Santa-inspired colors as well. This pattern includes lots of progress pictures and links to a few tutorial videos to help you as you make this gnome.
Only basic crocheting skills will be needed: chain, single crochet, increasing and decreasing.
Materials You Will Need
• Crochet hook size: 3.75mm
• Medium/worsted/aran weight yarn (or super bulky weight yarn): dark gray, light gray, white, and tan; OR red, white, black, tan, and yellow for a “Santa-gnome”
• Yarn needle
• Polyester fiber fill stuffing
• Amigurumi brush, pet slicker brush, or fine-tooth comb for brushing out the beard
• Dried beans (not washable) or poly-pellets (washable) for weighing down the bottom of the gnome’s body (optional)
*To make this gnome pattern with super bulky weight yarn, use Sweet Snuggles yarn (or another super bulky weight yarn) in “Fog,” “Gray,” and “Apricot” (you will need less than 1 skein of each to make 1 gnome), plus white medium weight acrylic yarn for the beard. Make the gnome as written in the pattern below; the only change will be to double the number of strands for the beard and use a fine-tooth comb, not a brush, to comb the beard.
Final measurement: with medium weight yarn - the finished gnome will be 8.5 inches (or 21.5 cm) tall; with super bulky weight yarn, the finished gnome will be 18 inches (or 46 cm) tall.
******PLEASE NOTE: THIS PURCHASE IS ONLY FOR A DIGITAL CROCHET PATTERN, NOT THE FINISHED GNOME******
PATTERN AVAILABLE IN ENGLISH ONLY.
There is no shipping charge for this item as it is a digital file. Your pattern will be available as an instant download as soon as payment clears.
**Please do not copy or redistribute this pattern or claim it as your own. YOU MAY SELL YOUR FINISHED ITEMS IF YOU LIKE, but please credit Theresa's Crochet Shop as the designer. Thanks!**